Thirty-five years after Presbyterian Missionaries from Pennsylvania established the Wea Mission site east of Paola, another group of determined and dedicated Presbyterians established a church in Paola. The year was 1867 and the community was coping with the aftermath of the Civil War. The present sanctuary was dedicated in 1905. The most recent addition was added in 2001.
We strive to be an inclusive and caring congregation through worship, fellowship, preaching the word and music as we continue on the path of our faith journey.
Today we continue to be inspired by our history. The gospel of Christ challenges us to serve others by remaining the strong leader and community pillar the First Presbyterian Church has been as we approach our 150th anniversary in 2017. We look to the future with hope and confidence.
We welcome all to worship with us in the reformed tradition of the PC(USA) denomination.